OH I LOVE CEBU!!!


After Bohol, Takz (TaskUs colleague) and I decided to go to Cebu by ship. We decided to leave Bohol by 6 AM and arrived in Cebu at around 8 AM. We decided to go to Cebu by day tour which means we will be going back to Bohol from Cebu at the end of the day.


Takz and I



Plaza Independencia
Our first stop in Cebu was  Plaza Indepedencia and Fort San Pedro. These places are more of historical places which houses a museum about the founding of Cebu and historical facts about Magelland and Lapu Lapu.

After Fort San Pedro and Plaza Indepedencia, we decided to have lunch at SM Seaside. We ate in the famous Mang Inasal which I need to admit it was a regret since I want to try food that is only available in Cebu and not in Manila. But we are budget conscious so we decided to eat in Mang Inasal. 


After lunch, we decided to go Magellan's Cross which is the most popular landmark of Cebu. A trip to Cebu is not complete without a trip to Magellan's Cross. Magellan's Cross is beside some of the oldest and popular churches in Cebu City. The location is somewhat similar to the Quaipo of Manila. 


We also went to Colon Street which is the oldest street not only in Cebu but the whole Philippines. We also visited old houses in Cebu which is what Takz (my TaskUs colleague) loves about Cebu City.
Lady in the old house

We also visited Ayala Center in Cebu since it is one of the popular malls in Cebu City. In short, we visited two malls in Cebu City: Ayala Center and SM Seaside.

Ancestral home

Old house


At around 6pm, we decided to go to the Cebu port area to back to Bohol. Our 12 hour stay in Cebu is short but meaningful. It is actually my second time to go to Cebu. My first time was when I was still in high school.
Colon Street (Oldest street)
Church

Ancestral home


Magellan's Cross



Fort San Pedro
Museum
Ayala Center Cebu
I have been to Cebu twice but both visits were in Cebu City. I never went to the beautiful beaches of Cebu which I plan to visit when I go back to Cebu SOON!


Fort San Pedro

Plaza Indepedencia

SM Seaside City





“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PALAWAN

I LOVE SINGAPORE!!!