ILOILO: CITY OF LOVE


Being born and raised in Manila, many of the friends thought I am 100% Manila boy. In reality, I am actually a half Batangueno and half Ilonggo. In short, my father is from Batangas and my mother is from Iloilo. This blog is not about Batangas but Iloilo, my hometown in the Visayas region.

When my mother passed away on June 2014 in Oton, Iloilo, my world crashed since I love my mother more than any girl on this world. After the passing of my mother, it gave me the opportunity to visit her hometown, ILOILO.

My grandpa who used to be the Mayor of Igbaras
On July 2015, I had my first opportunity to visit Iloilo after the death of my mother. Iloilo was above expectation. I fell in love with Iloilo. I told to myself that this will be my home in the Visayas region.

 While my real hometown is in Igbaras, Iloilo, I stayed in Oton, Iloilo because most of my relatives live there and it is just an half an hour away from Iloilo City. I also visited Igbaras which is more than an hour away from Iloilo City. Very far I can say. As I visited the city of Igbaras, I learned that the brother of my grandpa is a former Mayor of Igbaras. At the same time, our clan has a street in Igbaras which is called Estrella St.

I also tasted some of the favorite food of Iloilo which is La Paz Batchoy. My favorite place for La Paz Batchoy is Netongs. But I also like the La Paz Batchoy of Ted's and Deco's. My friend recommended me to try a new La Paz Batchoy place which is called Toto's but I have not tasted it yet. I plan to go back to Iloilo and taste Toto's. I also tried Tatoy's Manokan which is one of the popular resto in Iloilo.
The jeep that I rode going to Igbaras

Our street in Igbaras


La Paz Batchoy
Tatoy's















Aside from restaurant, I also visited some schools, such as Assumption Iloilo, University of San Agustin and PAREF Westbridge (which is the sister school of my high school alma mater).

PAREF Westbridge
Assumption Iloilo

University of San Agustin








I also visited some famous churches in Iloilo such as Jaro Cathedral and Molo Church. I need to admit that I Love Molo Church so much that I want to marry my dream girl on that church. Hopefully in the near future.
Jaro Cathedral

Jaro Cathedral
Molo Church

 Finally, I also visited some relatives and friends when I was in Iloilo. I visited Tita Baby Lazo in Molo and had a hearty lunch on her house. I also stayed with Tito Mimi in Oton, Iloilo every time I go to Iloilo. Thank you Tito Mimi.

While also in Iloilo, I had an opportunity to catch up with a Beautiful friend from Iloilo and also a Benildean like me. Her name is BEA. Hi Bea! When I met her in Plazuela de Iloilo, she was busy launching her business which is a VR Arcade called Infinitum VR. Nonetheless, I was able to talk to her even for a short time since I also need to catch my flight going back to Manila.  

Finally, I realize that I LOVE ILOILO. Iloilo will be my home in the Visayas region. I will always come back to Iloilo since this is the hometown of my mother. I will always remember my mother everytime I go to ILOILO. #IamILOILO

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP.” – LAO TZU



With BEA
With Tita Baby Lazo
With Tito Mimi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PALAWAN

OH I LOVE CEBU!!!

I LOVE SINGAPORE!!!